About Objectives of University, Kurnool
- The objectives of the university shall to promote and develop Urdu language;
- to impart education and training in vocational and technical subjects through the Urdu medium;
- to provide wider access to people desirous of pursuing programmes of higher education and training in Urdu medium through teaching on the Campus as well as at a distance and to provide focus on women education.
- Building character values and simultaneously forging the careers of the students by developing analytical thinking, individual initiative and responsibility.
- Providing flexible, innovative academic and research programmes and support structures that are responsive to a broad range of learners and regional needs.
- Encouraging considerate and accountable faculty-student participatory interaction on local, state, national and international affairs.
- Recognizing a special obligation to educate the students coming from minorities and lower socio-economic strata of the society.
- Undertaking research and consultancy on the challenges the region is facing and contributing its expertise for the community.
- Providing means for capacity building for leadership and service through academic programmes, campus activities and creating opportunities for community involvement.
The medium of instruction in all classes will be in both Urdu and English except B.A. (English) and M.A (English).
In order to meet the challenges of the knowledge era and to keep pace with the knowledge explosion in Higher Education, the Dr. Abdul Haq Urdu university is committed to inculcating and sustaining quality in all the dimensions of Higher Education viz. teaching, learning, research, extension and governance while catering to the regional and global needs.