The vision of the Department is to be a centre of excellence in thrust areas of the research and to equip our students to meet the nations demand. To explore and not to exploit the plant world.
To provide a student centered and profession- oriented higher education that bestows academic environment to demonstrate and promote creative, intellectual inquiry with positive relationships among students, faculty and staff that enhance the learning experience a fruitful and outstanding one for future application in a dynamic world.
It is unique because of fundamental research and teaching on plant as well our study of populations, communities and ecosystems of which they are the key component, the syllabus also includes professional science as plant tissue culture, horticulture, mushroom culture.
- To comprehend functional categories in plant sciences.
- To develop and promote scientific literacy among students.
- Scientific skills of communication.
- Experimental approaches in skill based evaluation.
- Proper use and knowledge of scientific materials and instruments.
- To promote research culture for self and to benefit the society in large.
- To empower them wrath life skills through effective guidance and counseling.